Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Traveling Shawl arrives in KY!

In a day or two, an opportunity of a lifetime will happen to me! I get the chance to knit 8 rows on the "Traveling Shawl". I will represent the state of Kentucky in a sort of knit-along for the benefit of the Susan G. Komen foundation to raise breast cancer awareness. I am supposed to be receiving the shawl via mail tomorrow or the next day. I will have 2 days to complete my rows so be sure to ask to see it if you are out at the shop during the next week! This shawl will visit all 50 states and pass through the hands of 50 talented knitters that will be able to journal and blog about why they are knitting and who they are knitting for. This is taking place from October 2008 to October 2009. Donations will be accepted to the foundation through the shawl website, and for each $5 donation made you will be entered in a drawing to win the lace shawl. Click here to visit the donation page.
If you are asked to enter a first and last name of the team you are supporting,
enter Traveling (first name) and Shawl (last name).

No comments: