Monday, March 1, 2010

Flower Power!!!!

Flowers are hot this year!!!! You see them everywhere. Not the in the dirt, growing kind. I'm talking about the lapel, felted bag, hair decor, choker wearing kind. And of course, RoLynn and Ashley are right on queue with the needle felting flower class being offered this month. I've been doing some research on needle felting, something I haven't done yet, and this is really a very versatile art. You can needle felt on just about anything. And it can be flat, 2-D and 3-D. I even saw where a lady purchased an extra large man's sweater at a Goodwill Store, shrunk it by felting it, cut open the front to make a felted cardigan and then needle felted some gorgeous designs on the front. How cool!!!! To get an idea of what will be taught in the class here are a few pics and here is a link to the newsletter with all the class info plus a listing of the other awesome classes being offered.










I've completed the February Project for the Christmas Club. It is adorable, a Biscuit Blanket to keep your biscuits (the edible kind), scones and such warm while serving. I love the pattern and plan to make many of these sweeties.

What or what is going to be the March Project??????? I'm filled with anticipation!!! And no, I don't know what it is, at least at the posting of this post I don't. Plus, if I did know and if I told you I'd have to kill you or something......maybe poke you with a knitting needle till you cried UNCLE!!!!!

No comments: