Saturday, March 8, 2008

Dancing through life

Time wasn't wasted for the little kids while we were working out in the shop yesterday. Everyone had waltzing lessons and Kelsey and Mallory haven't stopped dancing since.
They love the fact that waltzing is the dance of princesses!
Here they are in the midst of their dance this morning.


This is just them acting silly for the camera, but it was too cute to leave out :)

I am moving right along on my Fletcher sweater from the book Simply Noro. I am on to the sleeves now and am working them both at the same time on 2 circular needles.
I have found that just as you can get second sock syndrome, you can get second sleeve syndrome! Problem solved! Bisou is posing for the picture, as usual :)


We have been working on the ceiling and walls in the shop today, here's what we had done last night. I will go out and take more pics for another update tomorrow or Monday.


We finally got our first "real" snow since we've moved to Kentucky! The morning before the snow was expected, I had to go grocery shopping. As I pulled up to the checkout with my cart full (and this time it was only 1 cart! I have left Wal-Mart with 2 or even 3 before), and I usually buy institutional sizes of everything that I can get away with. As the cashier is scanning the third large can of green beans, she jokingly says to me "This reminds me of one of those reality shows. You know the kind where 'those people' have to buy food for all those kids?"
I turned and said "Well, I have eight kids, and this is my reality!"
LOL I thought this was so funny, I had to share it with you :)

We have been getting so many great comments for our contest. Thank you all!!

2 comments:

June said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh! It's looking great, and all your colors are wonderful, Ashley!!

Abby said...

ohhh wow... what a great idea.... But.... how do you do it (2 sleeves at once??).... I am guessing 2 balls of yarn right.... but how do you stop getting into a tangled mess??
I am intruiged...