Ok, as promised, here is our contest. We need input on what you like to see in a yarn shop. To be entered in the contest you must post about this contest on your blog (Please comment even if you don't have a blog, just be sure to put your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you win), then leave a comment here with answers to the following questions. If you refer anyone to this contest and they mention your name, you will be entered twice! We will be drawing a name randomly in 2 weeks (March 18th) and will be giving 3 prizes. I'll go into detail about that in a moment...here are the questions we need answered:
1. What yarn do you like to buy? What weights/fiber content/colors?
2. What type of atmosphere do you look for in a yarn shop?
3. What makes you come back to a yarn shop?
4. What classes would you be interested in taking?
5. What don't you like in a yarn shop?
6. Would you only buy brands that you are familiar with?
7. Is there anything besides yarn and spinning supplies that you are interested in purchasing when you go into a store of this nature?
8. How do you go about looking for a LYS, online/yellow pages/yarn store listings/etc?
9. What days/hours are you likely to visit a yarn store?
On to the fun stuff...prizes!! Click on any of these pictures to see more detail.
The grand prize- A mini niddy noddy (will wind a 28 1/2" skein) and your choice of either:
a) 4 skeins of hand dyed yarn from our shop (100% Merino 420 yards)
b) 3 skeins of hand dyed yarn from our shop and spinning fiber blends. The brown/blue/green (3.7 oz) is 10% baby camel and 90 % merino, the peach (2.2 oz.) is 100% merino
Second place prize- $25 credit toward any purchase at our etsy shop
Third place prize-
Knit Fix-Problem Solving For Knitters by Lisa Kartus
We are so excited to hear what everyone has to say! Thanks for participating!